Nagaland Contractors’ and Suppliers’ Union (NCSU) has reminded that state government about the union’s demand for the cancellation of work order issued for Nagaland foot-hill road (FHR).
In a reminder addressed to the PWD, Roads & Bridges (R&B) chief engineer, NCSU president Pele Khezhie and general secretary John Kath reminded that the union has already submitted a representation on March 10 demanding cancellation of the work order and open tender invitation for the same work.
NCSU said there has been no response from the government side while there were misunderstandings between different parties on the issue.
Reiterating its demand, NCSU said the work order should be issued according to established government norms and procedures.
The union also warned that if the government failed to respond, NCSU would be compelled to take own course of action to bring justice for the interest of all. Meanwhile, Nagaland Contractors’ and Suppliers’ Union has also submitted a representation to the chief secretary demanding that the all contract and supply works should be awarded through open tender besides the inclusion of government memorandum where only NCSU registered identity card holders were eligible for the tender in the terms and conditions during tender process.
The representation said that various departments had been awarding contract and supply works through table tender without open invitation and such works were “illegal and total violation” of norms and objectives of the state government.
NCSU asked the chief secretary to cancel all such work orders and asked the government to call for fresh open tender to invite all the eligible contractors in open competition.
The union also demanded strict and proper implementation of government memorandum for awarding all types of government contracts and supply works to only registered members of Nagaland Contractors’ and Suppliers’ Union holding identity cards.
The union informed that only the police and medical department were following the government memorandum.
